CALCAST® CC 500
One further high temperature isolating material out of calcium silicate is our CALCAST® CC 500.
This material has a volume weight of 1.200 kg/m³ and a maximum application temperature of 1.200 °C. The quality is outstanding due to its excellent thermal shock resistance. It is not without reason that this is the most thermal shock resistant product in our CALCAST® product group. The material is not wetted by liquid non-ferrous metals.
CALCAST® CC 500 is used for channel cover, for the insulation of heating lids, as protective shield and as baffle plate.
- thermal conductivity
- high productivity due to long service life
- dimensionally stable
- high compression and flexural strength
- excellent edge stability
- no reaction against basic or neutral media and lubricants
- is not wetted by liquid non-ferrous metals
- physiologically harmless
- accurate workability in tight tolerances